What's the best humidity gauge?

Freckles24

Location (City and/or State)
TN
I know a lot of people use "accurite" digital hydrometers. They're pretty cheap and work well. Analog gauges don't really do much lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi all
Bought a little stick on humidity meter. Does not work. What's your advice?

The "best" one would be $1000's of dollars. You just need an adequate one. :p

Go into your profile and put in your location. Since I don't know where you are, I'll guess somewhere win the USA, and here is what I use:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-...75035&wl11=online&wl12=16888914&wl13=&veh=sem
It records your highs and lows too! Lowes also has similar ones that work just as well.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are pricey, but worth it IMO

I like this!

So the device sends a signal to your phone through bluetooth and doesn't need wifi? Sats it has a range of up to 325 feet in "ideal conditions".

Looks like to be able to use it remotely when not at home, you'd need a separate wifi device to connect it to? Does that sound right?

Right now I have to go around the ranch and open every box and use a flashlight to check the highs and lows on each individual thermometer. It would be a heck of a lot easier to sit in my heated car in the middle of the ranch in the dead of winter and check each box without opening them and letting a bunch of heat out.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
I like this!

So the device sends a signal to your phone through bluetooth and doesn't need wifi? Sats it has a range of up to 325 feet in "ideal conditions".

Looks like to be able to use it remotely when not at home, you'd need a separate wifi device to connect it to? Does that sound right?

Right now I have to go around the ranch and open every box and use a flashlight to check the highs and lows on each individual thermometer. It would be a heck of a lot easier to sit in my heated car in the middle of the ranch in the dead of winter and check each box without opening them and letting a bunch of heat out.

Yup. @Markw84 turned me onto them. They do now have a wifi tower that you can set up to have all temps sent to you anywhere you have internet signal. I think the tower has to be within that 325 ft range to the probes to work though, so you may need a few.

You can connect as many as you'd like to your app, set high and low temp/humidity alerts, and they log all of that info. Have been using them for half a year now with no problems.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Yup. @Markw84 turned me onto them. They do now have a wifi tower that you can set up to have all temps sent to you anywhere you have internet signal. I think the tower has to be within that 325 ft range to the probes to work though, so you may need a few.

You can connect as many as you'd like to your app, set high and low temp/humidity alerts, and they log all of that info. Have been using them for half a year now with no problems.

Just ordered my wifi gateway/tower. Will let you know how it works when I get it.

Took some screenshots so you could get a sense of how the app works. I think the probes log info every 2 mins. Maybe faster? Can't remember. Anyways, the one I've had for 8ish months has logged over 200,000 readings. You can access these in graphs ranging from hourly to yearly.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503888214.612293.jpg

And here is home page where you can access individual probes or take a quick glance of current reading. Mine are out of range, which is why I just bought the wifi gateway, but you get the idea.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503888316.461322.jpg

Reactions: Tom