Whats a humid hide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarok

5 Year Member
People tell me that I should have a humid hide. It sounds like like a great idea im just not sure how to make one. Whats in a humid hide? do you use that moss stuff? any tips would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
here's a link to tom's post about setting up your enclosure, including a humid hide. i used his guidelines.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1phmKkIt1

my humid hide is in the corner in this photo. you can't see the opening on it in this photo though. my little guy runs in his a lot. it's filled with coco coir, just like the rest of the hide. hope this helps you out.

100_4086.jpg
[/img]

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
You can get a ziploc food storage box and cut a square on the side and it keeps in good humidity.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Here is the lasted version of what I am trying as a humid hide, it is working out great for the little star. I turn the heat down to 79 degrees at night and back up in the morning.The substrate is homemade from leaves,mulched twigs and various other plant matter.This particular batch has taken 4 years to make. It holds moisture better than anything else I've tried before. So far I have not had a mold or fungus with this type of substrate. Len

Attachments

• hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0021 copy.jpg
    IMG_0021 copy.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.