What uvb bulb is ideal for eastern box turtles

FATxNINJA

Just got all living thing deep dome lamp fixture for my eastern box turtle was wondering if this was fine for her

Yurtle

5 Year Member
5.0 UVB is acceptable for box turtles. I would recommend using a UVB tube bulb for a box turtle rather than a compact or coil fixture.

FATxNINJA

Same place sell decor and hides gonna need em for my babies terrarium btw pet smart sold 4 quart for 16 bucks the place u showed me sold same mount for like 3 bucks

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
yes, I love the prices at LLLReptile! I buy almost all of my supplies there.

FATxNINJA

Yeah def the uvb rays don't travel through glass also look for the long tube one ther best from what I hear

I've seen huge bags of sphagnum moss at Home Depot it was like a 3'x3' block for like 5 dollars. It might work if you bake it too sterilize it.

FATxNINJA

I think that's more for decor in like pots and such I know that they pUT some sorta chemical in it if they use it for what I'm thinkin

SeaTurtleSwims

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
Hey anyone know where to get hood amount of spagnum moss at reasonable price
I get mosses for cheap at gardening stores/lowes etc compared to pet stores. Same stuff, different audience, different price. At either place just gotta be careful it doesn't have added coloring :)

FATxNINJA

So guys 4 months now into taking care of my little eastern box turtle jeffrey does anyone know how much activity I should expect out of him?