What retail enclosure?

JohnBaker

Hello! Are there any decent retail options for a permanent indoor enclosure? I don't have a tortoise but have been considering it for a few weeks. I an thinking Indian Star tortoise and would love any input on that. I live in an apartment and can't build something so it has to be a retail option. Any help appreciated!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Look up "animal plastics" online. They make the only ready-made enclosure I've seen that I would use if I couldn't build my own. Especially for a young star. Their enclosures make a nice closed system that keep temps and humidity well.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I left this pic on your other thread but I'll put it here too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-21-22-27-30.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-21-22-27-30.png
    537.3 KB · Views: 42

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Experience has taught me that closed chambers are the way to go. I would never house a star tortoise in an open topped enclosure indoors, unless it was in a heated and humidified reptile room, or something like that. In a normal room the temperatures and humidity will never be correct with an open top. And you will desiccate the tortoises carapace in your attempts to make things right.

Mark's suggestion is what I would do too, if I couldn't build something.

a5fung

5 Year Member
+1 on Animal Plastics if you're looking for premade ones. They are easy to assemble, comes in many sizes, and prices are reasonable.