What kind of tortoise do you have?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Somebody in Miami contacted me from an old Craigslist ad and said his family was being evicted and he didn't want to just leave them in his yard.
I drove and met him half way. I think I ended up giving him $60. (Whatever was in my wallet.)
I think that they were hatched and raised in Miami. Outdoors. I also don't think that they ever ate anything other than yard weeds and grass before I got them and I've had them less than a year.
$60 for all 3? Roughly, how big are they now?

AnimalLady

I can't believe that nobody yelled at me about the paint marker on the shells.
Without marking them, I couldn't tell easily who was who as I was treating them for roundworms.
Numbers 1,2 and 3 are named 1,2 and 3. Now that I'm sure that #1 is a male and that 2 and 3 are female, maybe they'll get names. I already have a tortoise that size named Julio and then found out that he was a girl.
Maybe I'll do some new pictures this weekend while I work on the pens.
I still have the "11" on my babies shell...i'll take it off sooner or later... bleh

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I can't believe that nobody yelled at me about the paint marker on the shells.
Without marking them, I couldn't tell easily who was who as I was treating them for roundworms.
Numbers 1,2 and 3 are named 1,2 and 3. Now that I'm sure that #1 is a male and that 2 and 3 are female, maybe they'll get names. I already have a tortoise that size named Julio and then found out that he was a girl.
Maybe I'll do some new pictures this weekend while I work on the pens.
nobody yells at you cuz you mark them in the right way... Lol besides I marked my two because they look identical and I chart their weight monthly

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447682847.985252.jpg. 2 RF's: in forefront Brazilian Cherryhead baby boy (as stated by the breeder) named Tucker or Tuck-tac, and Redfoot baby girl named Shellie. They sleep in closed planted warm/humid chamber and go out every day for walk outside. Now that temps in Texas are dropping I made an enclosed run area for them inside with heat elements (4 x 100 watt bulbs for basking in 4 areas of the enclosure) in our family common area where they can spend time with us. The babies are my daughter's pets but I seem to spend more time on the forum researching and learning than she does

AnimalLady

View attachment 155793. 2 RF's: in forefront Brazilian Cherryhead baby boy (as stated by the breeder) named Tucker or Tuck-tac, and Redfoot baby girl named Shellie. They sleep in closed planted warm/humid chamber and go out every day for walk outside. Now that temps in Texas are dropping I made an enclosed run area for them inside with heat elements (4 x 100 watt bulbs for basking in 4 areas of the enclosure) in our family common area where they can spend time with us. The babies are my daughter's pets but I seem to spend more time on the forum researching and learning than she does
These are gorgeous! Love them! Do they get along well together?