What kind of tortoise do you have?

AnimalLady

What do you keep? What specie or species of torts are you slaves to?

I have a Russian and a RF!

YOUR TURN! :D

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
1447258034170404037397.jpg I have a Sulcata. Definitely a slave. Spent last night repairing his box that he tore apart yesterday. Have 9 Russians plus a new hatchling. And last but not least 6 Leopards plus a brand new hatchling. Oh and 22 Leopard eggs.
My family and friends really don't understand my voluntary servitude, but I thoroughly enjoy every one of them.

AnimalLady

I have a Sulcata. Definitely a slave. Spent last night repairing his box that he tore apart yesterday. Have 9 Russians plus a new hatchling. And last but not least 6 Leopards plus a brand new hatchling. Oh and 22 Leopard eggs.
My family and friends really don't understand my voluntary servitude, but I thoroughly enjoy every one of them.
Thats a lot of torts! I couldnt imagine doing what i do for my 2 for that many! i'd be dead! It is very rewarding though ;)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Thats a lot of torts! I couldnt imagine doing what i do for my 2 for that many! i'd be dead! It is very rewarding though ;)
I started with one leopard. He got sick, and all the stuff I started doing to take care of him, it seemed like it wouldn't be much more work for a few more. Not sure what happened after that. Lol. They multiply. It is a lot of work. Better than watching tv though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have eighteen different species of turtle and tortoise. My favorites (in order of fav) Manouria, box turtle, Aldabran, desert.

Manouria:
Manouria 2-22-15 b.jpg

Box turtle:
florida box-2.jpg

Aldabran:
Aldabran SO 01-13-14.jpg

desert:
mildred a.JPG

GRohr

3 Redfoots, 3 Indian stars, 7 boxies. I find that growing fresh weeds and plants over the winter takes up most of my time but I am sure they appreciate it. We are trying to move to a larger place and then my significant other really wants a ivory sulcata, I want a leopard and an aldabra.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulcatas and red foots and a few others .

AnimalLady

3.3 Burmese Stars
2.3 Subadult Radiated Tortoises
4.6.3 Juvenile Radiated Tortoises
0.1 Adult Leopard Tortoise

Please forgive my lack of knowledge here.. 2.3 torts... what does that mean? 2 female? 3 male? Something like that?