What is this dead thing?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Hi guys... I just found this nasty thing in my backyard, dropped off by my friend the red-tailed hawk. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I thought instantly "snake", but then look at the teeth!?? No fangs? No pointed teeth? Looks almost like a skink skull, but it's so long!!! Do skinks get that long? I live in Florida.
My family asked me to post this to see what any of you reptile people thought. :pinfrared2nsnake 043.JPG infrared2nsnake 044.JPG infrared2nsnake 047.JPG infrared2nsnake 049.JPG infrared2nsnake 011.JPG

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Oh... and I looked up this photo on the internet. Maybe it could be this???? I have no idea.
10729302_1156609447699130_1816967638_n.jpg

GingerLove

5 Year Member
They do look like lizard teeth...
THANK YOU!!! No one else believes me in my family!!!! I just can't figure out what kind of lizard would be so long. He's about a foot or longer. That's why I thought maybe it was that "gator skink" thing posted above because of the head's arrow shape.... but it's seems too big.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Yeah. Lizard teeth are usually pretty uniform, and short. I agree that its probably some sort of skink, since its so long and slender.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Yeah. Lizard teeth are usually pretty uniform, and short. I agree that its probably some sort of skink, since its so long and slender.
I wish I just knew what kind of lizard it was. I've never seen anything like it!

enzot91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
It looks like a red eyed crocodile skink. How big is it?

Edit: Just noticed that last photo isn't yours!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Iguanas have serrated shark teeth, trust me, I know. Mean little monsters. My blue tongued skunks had conical teeth, they weren't sharp but they could crush your finger pretty well. Great for grinding up snails.