What is the best humidity and temperature for aldabra?

JWiediyanto

To all aldabra's owner, I am just wondering what is the best humidity range and the best temperature range? I am goin to buy aldabra next week or the next two weeks so I really need the information... Thx :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
ALDABRAMAN lives in Florida. The hot humid temps there are great for most tortoises including Aldabras. Congrats and where you getting him/her from and don't forget pics.
Take a look at some of his threads. He still soaks his babies and has heat for his adults for when the temps get too low. I will get him to post here if I can. @ALDABRAMAN

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
Humidity 70-100% Temps 75-95F. High humidity is a big part of keeping the shell growing smooth. Also remember the tortoise must be able to cool off in shade and/or water if it wants. These animals can overheat and die easily if not. Look at the weather data for the Aldabra Islands- this can be found online. Model the climate in a similar way. I am sure others will chime in with more info. This is just a short basic answer to your question. Hope it helps.
Jeff

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Ours do fantastic in Florida, we make sure they have assessable shade options and plenty of fresh clean water. Overheating is a real valid concern, however they thermal regulate themselves fantastically if given all the elements!

IMG_4625.JPG IMG_4339.JPG

JWiediyanto

I'm going to keep them in a close chamber like monsteraldabra did and I'm going to buy good lightning, substrate, and the hidingm place for sure :). This week I am working on their enclosure and I think in the next few day or week it should be done and after all of the things are done, I am ready to have a new tortoise :)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hi, hope everything goes well :) By the way, can you send part of Florida here? It's too hot here :(