What do you do when yo go on vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meka

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio, USA
I am going on vacation in 2 weeks for about 8 days. Im not sure what I should do about the tortoises. Can they be alright that long? I have a 6 year old Sulcata and about 6 year old red foot. I am worried about leaving their lamps on and them overheating while we're gone since it has been so hot outside. Can they be alright that long without heat lamps and food? We just moved here not too lnog ago, so theres really no one I trust coming in the house and caring for them.

Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm assuming they are indoors. If that's the case, 8 days is just too long to leave them alone. Look in the classified section of the paper, or call around to a couple vet's offices and try to find a pet sitter. It will cost you a little $$, but would be much better for your animals and your peace of mind. Usually a pet sitter recommended by a vet would be a little more dependable.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
When I go on vacation, what I do is bring Hermy to the vet in pension. I am to scared to leave her alone without food and I do not trust the timers 100%.

Isa

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Vacation? Whats that?!
Look in the yellow pages, find a outfit that is Licensed and bonded. Best to have some one come to your house, less stress for the torts. Write good notes and be sure to leave your Vet's info and your contact info as well. What to do in an emergency etc..
have fun!!!

Meka

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio, USA
Thanks for the replies. Yes, they are indoors. We take them outside while we are home, but they each have a large enclosure inside that they stay in. I will have to look around and see if the vet can recommend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.