What about this baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
cvalda said:
WOW the "Dark Chocolate Caramel" is the best in this thread, IMHO!!! That last one is just gorgeous too~!

I'm starting to think Buck might need a little buddy, if you keep hatchin' 'em like this!!!

I always liked those "DARK' ones too Kelly.. Dark Chocolate Caramel is in the genes of your BIG '05 remember.. one of the '06's..

1AngelaII.jpg

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Redfoot NERD said:
I always liked those "DARK' ones too Kelly.. Dark Chocolate Caramel is in the genes of your BIG '05 remember.. one of the '06's..

1AngelaII.jpg

SWEET!!!! I hope he passes those genes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
You guys like the dark ones, I really like those light ones. Mind showing some of them off terry?

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
:DThat li'l sweet baby is so precious.
Great thread

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Redfootedboxturtles said:
You guys like the dark ones, I really like those light ones. Mind showing some of them off terry?

If you insist Vince..

How about these legs and the carapace..

ASHAWNS.jpg

One I should have kept!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
I'm still kickin' myself for letting this baby of Sonshine's get away..

TerryL2-PA.jpg

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Terry when God blesses me with money to buy new tortoises ( above the care for the ones I have already) I am definatly snatching up a handful of those guys to raise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Redfoot NERD said:
I'm still kickin' myself for letting this baby of Sonshine's get away..

TerryL2-PA.jpg

Terry: Have you seen this baby since you sold it? I'm wondering if it is keeping its light coloring. I have three 3yr old yellowfoot babies and each one was a different color when hatched. So far they are keeping their strange coloring.

Yvonne

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
No!.. Unfortunately I was assured.... "Everything will be followed.. exactly by your guidelines"!!! And then instead of starting with a small 'bookcase' tort-table.. [ lined with vinyl and epoxy to protect the wood from humidity.. easy to put lid on ] she tried to convert a tall birdcage with plexiglass walls. It was so tall that she couldn't reach the bootom of their enclosure.. so had to create a doorway! Can you imagine what the guys at Lowe's thought and went thru trying to "work" with plexi-glass? She didn't want to spend $50 bucks or whatever for the bookcase! The last time I spoke with her she had made something like 5 trips to the Lowe's. Of course I was the bad guy because I insisted that high ambient humidity had to be maintained. She bought this one also..

TerryL-PA.jpg

36_2_52.gif
So I hate to think how they look or even where they are.

The one you asked about came from my Guyana female. Her first baby [ for me ] started out like this.. 3 days old..

SonChild3.jpg

.. and on Oct. 8th. '07 looked like this..

SonshineOct07.jpg

I've not seen 'much' variation in Yellowfoots.

Wattaya think Yvonne?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They're beautiful. I'll go back into my "archives" and see if I kept any pix of my YF babies when they hatched, and then I'll take a pic today and post both later.

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I didn't save a picture of the YF babies when they first hatched, but the first picture here is last spring at 2 years old. The large one has always been bigger than the other two. The smaller one of the two is slightly mishapen over the "hips" and has always been so. The middle-sized one has a very yellow carapace and it has always been yellower than the other two. The second and third pictures were taken just a few minutes ago, and they are 3 years old now. The large one has a very thickened plastron (and they've never been on a pig blanket). They eat good and seem happy. They are kept outside from about the end of April until about the end of September, then are moved into a cinderblock house that is on the edge of the car port, and I can prop the lid open on sunny days.

Yvonne

OOoops! Didn't realize that the "quick reply" doesn't have the picture availability. I'll send the pix after this email.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
View attachment 355

Why is it that all of you guys's pix show up full size in the post but mine show up as thumbnails? I click on "add attachment" then I click on "insert into post" but its a thumbnail.

Yvonne

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I posted the same picture twice. I'll try again for the one that should have been second in my explanation.

View attachment 355

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.