Western Hermann's tortoise (T. h. hermanni) Fund Raiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
*****PLEASE READ EVERYTHING*****

As an active member of the Cuora galbinifrons, Cuora bourreti & Cuora picturata SSP Programs, I am making some beautiful and rare tortoises available for sale in order to help raise funds for the Asian Turtle Program (http://www.asianturtleprogram.org) to help with the in situ conservation work being done on these species. Recently, a large confiscation was taken in over there and they are in great need of help. Your purchases will be a helping hand in this situation concerning critically endangered turtles.

Here is what I am making available:

Western Hermann's tortoises (Testudo hermanni hermanni)- Hatchlings between 8 and 13 weeks old from several distinct locales. Temperature sexed.

*The parents of these animals are GENETICALLY TESTED, 100% PURE and LOCALITY SPECIFIC. In spring 2015 we were able to sample every single adult tortoise bred here to help understand more about the haplotypes they belong to, genetic differences and gene flow. It was exciting and successful.

All of these babies will be studbook registered with the North American Regional Studbook for Testudo hermanni hermanni. This is something rare and rarely offered for sale. These animals represent my holdbacks for the most part for the 2015 season and are only coming available because we want to help the ATP with their in situ work. After these are gone, it will be 2016 waiting list for hatchlings only.

The following locales are all that is available at this time and please note that prices are 100% FIRM. You will be receiving flawless, genetically pure tortoises from outstanding lines.

*I don't accept trades for any other species when it comes to these and definitely not this time since we are doing this to support a cause. So please understand that up front.

AVAILABLE LOCALES:

Italian Mainland: Tuscany, Calabria & Apulia (Gargano)- $650 each
Italian Islands: Sicilian "Spurred"- $850 each
Spanish Islands: Mallorca & Minorca- $1,250 each

*Prices DO NOT include shipping
*You must read our TERMS & CONDITIONS before ordering.
*Very limited numbers available
*Tortoises under 4" are sold for educational/research/exhibition purposes

Serious inquiries please, send an e-mail to me at:

[email protected]

*NO REPLIES TO THIS AD PLEASE*

Thank you in advance for your support.

**Each locale available is shown in the photos below of the adults so you can see how they are expected to turn out. The adults are NOT for sale. The babies shown in the last pic are Sicilian "Spurred".

For detailed info on all these locales (traits, size etc..) and more, please visit the site I created for them which will answer all your questions at:

www.HERMANNIHAVEN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.