Weeds

Jeff 619

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Poway,CA
Can someone help identify What weed this is and if its good for them?IMG_1117.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think this is: Galium aparine: Cleavers - Goosegrass - Catchweed - Sticky-weed - Sticky Willy or Grip Grass

A terrible weed because the seeds stick to any animal or bird that comes near it then get deposited all over you property. My animals have never tried to eat it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We call that one pineapple weed. Its in the chamomile family, if memory serves.

When I researched it years ago, I found that it didn't seem to be toxic, but none of mine try to eat it. I try to pull it up by the root to get rid of it, but I don't worry too much about it.

Jeff 619

5 Year Member
Poway,CA
Nice that there not toxic, because mine are eating the flowers..

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I'm not sure that is pineapple weed. The flowers look right but I don't know about the leaves. They don't look as "feathery" as pineapple weed, if that makes sense. It could just be the angle of the picture.
IMG_3509.JPG

I'm not familiar with goosegrass and having just now done an image search for "sticky willy" don't think I'll ever look again. :eek: I'll leave this weed to Yvonne!

Paul M Jones

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Point Pleasant, NJ and Jonesboro, GA
I'm not sure that is pineapple weed. The flowers look right but I don't know about the leaves. They don't look as "feathery" as pineapple weed, if that makes sense. It could just be the angle of the picture.
View attachment 202051

I'm not familiar with goosegrass and having just now done an image search for "sticky willy" don't think I'll ever look again. :eek: I'll leave this weed to Yvonne!
Yes that's pineapple weed