Want to see pictures of Sulcatas, any size! Pretty Please share

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
La Mirada, CA
Not sure if this is going to work. I've been trying to download my pictures since I joined this forum but for some reason I have not had any luck. Let's see if this works.....

IMG00111-20111027-1714.jpg

IMG00102-20111027-1657.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yea! Success. Cute little rascals.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
was that rat found dead? id be very cautious allowing him to consume that.. prob poisoned..
I have head that desert torts are killed on hiways.. they are eating roadkill....bones? calcium or a protein need?

bigred said:
Here is a pic of a sulcata trying to eat a rat. He use to eat lizards and all kinds of stuff

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
SulcataSquirt said:
Thought I would share another one of our baby. This thread is doing really well! :D

DSC03838.jpg

Your little Squirt is so smooth :)
I really hope Gupta looks that smooth when he is a year old, I am sure trying to get him too lol

terribrown71

5 Year Member
Arlington, Tx
This is Arthur...he's 31/2 years old. He's playing catch up...got him and started rehabbing him in March of this year. Probably two to three times the size he was then and with attitude! Love him so..:tort:[/color][/b]

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111120_16.JPG
    Snapshot_20111120_16.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 42

doubletorts

5 Year Member
These are mine, Tonka (the bigger one) and Chevy (the darker one) Tonka is right about 2 years old in the picture and Chevy is right under 2 years. They are amazing and completely night and day. One is very social and will let you pet his neck and the other will go inside its shell when touched. But I've had both of mine since they were 2 months old. :)

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 42

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
doubletorts said:
These are mine, Tonka (the bigger one) and Chevy (the darker one) Tonka is right about 2 years old in the picture and Chevy is right under 2 years. They are amazing and completely night and day. One is very social and will let you pet his neck and the other will go inside its shell when touched. But I've had both of mine since they were 2 months old. :)

How humid do you keep their enclosure ? I would find it so hard to keep it humid enough on pellets lol

doubletorts

5 Year Member
BrinnANDGupta said:
doubletorts said:

How humid do you keep their enclosure ? I would find it so hard to keep it humid enough on pellets lol

Honestly, I don't keep it very humid, I lived in Texas where humidity was always there and I would take them outside to exercise. but i don't do much humidity. I took them to a vet who told me he adds moisture to dirt in the hiding hole, since when you put them outside and they dig their burrows, that's where they find their moisture. But I now have them in dirt and not the pellets.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
doubletorts said:
Honestly, I don't keep it very humid, I lived in Texas where humidity was always there and I would take them outside to exercise. but i don't do much humidity. I took them to a vet who told me he adds moisture to dirt in the hiding hole, since when you put them outside and they dig their burrows, that's where they find their moisture. But I now have them in dirt and not the pellets.

I was just curious because they look incredible lol
super smooth!!! :))))) They are very very cute

doubletorts

5 Year Member
:))) thanks. but now that I've moved them into dirt, I'm gonna start to give them a little more humidity especially since we're not in Texas anymore.

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
doubletorts said:

Those a awesome looking :). What's their length?

Status
Not open for further replies.