1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

want to raise humidity

Discussion in 'Sulcata tortoises' started by todd and his tortoise, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd and his tortoise

todd and his tortoise Member

Has anyone tried an ultrasonic mist maker fogger. i see them on ebay, they are pretty cheap. I think it would be a cool addition to Sheldons new home. what do you guys think?:tort:
  2. Momof4

Momof4 Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Check around at your local pharmacies. I found a really tiny one at Wal-Greens for $28.
  3. cwharris911

cwharris911 New Member

Why do you want to put a mist maker into my tortoises enclosure? After all, nobody would copy my completely original tortoise name Sheldon.
  4. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member

LOL, funny.:D

Anyway, any humidifier would work. I found that anything made for reptiles to mist or fog isn't worth the money as they dont last long. Cheaply made.
  5. todd and his tortoise

todd and his tortoise Member

Yeah the ones on ebay are really cheap,under 10.00 bucks shipped. I figured if it helped to keep the humidity up and make a mist effect, that would be cool. i am making him his custom enclosed house this week end. i will try and post pics. i named him sheldon for now, when i determine the sex later on. i can change the name to shelli if needed. lol