Wanna be tort mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I fell in love with Sulcatas and heard they are in big need of rescue as they get larger,,, so we built a large pen in our pasture. 100x60 with a 'bunker' lots of grass and a heated stall.... Still waiting to hear from a rescue who has any in need.. Im in Central calif above Sacramento. "Build it and they shall come" ... hopefully soon! Its like a mom with a nursery that is sitting empty!
Looking forward to learn with all of you and share.
If I get my first few rescues and it goes well... I will expand. I am concerned about housing males together due to fighting, so I am hoping to get a small group of females.. am I right?
I live on 8 acers and share that with a menagerie.. goats, llamas, horse dog , cats, cockatoo, and two tort rescues. Hingeback and a male russian.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome laura. i can't immediately answer your questions about sulcatas but there are plenty of folks here who can!
thanks for joining. i look forward to seeing photos of your tort pen!

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Yes two males might fight.Welcome Laura.Make sure no animals can get to the tortoises dogs and cats can harm tortoise.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome, Hopefully you will get your sulcata soon. I would not recommend housing two males together. Look at the adoption thread there is a sulcata in need of a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.