WalkingRock -VS- Spring Rains

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, Its been a rainy Spring here in North Texas and WalkingRock has been having a little problem finding a dry spot...

You may have noticed that in the last picture there are several grape vines in my raised garden where Eros and Gaia live, (see Eros and Gaias New Digs). There is such an abundance of grape leaves that WalkingRock is getting his fair share of them....

See all that mud?.... lets just say he is REALLY enjoying the rainy season here! I came outside the other day when the rains where sheeting down and he was in the middle of the yard doing his "Superman" pose, all stretched out.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, oh that poor grassy yard you had. But hey, at least WalkingRock is enjoying his mud and that's all that counts right? He looks great as always. Look at all that mud on his legs. Too darn funny.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Yah, used to be a real nice, grassy lawn.... Then I got 2 golden lab rescues... I sprinkled lots of grass seed this last winter. It was Burmuda and will really start to grow when it stays above 75*.... Fingers crossed for a big growth spurt with all this rain!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
That grape vine enclosure is for my little ones.... WalkingRock gets the whole back yard!

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
I really like how you used a raised garden to create a tortoise proof fence. That might be the compromise my wife and I need.. she can have her garden, and the torts can still have the yard.

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Wow, he is excellent looking sulcata. What a monster you have there.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I really like how you used a raised garden to create a tortoise proof fence. That might be the compromise my wife and I need.. she can have her garden, and the torts can still have the yard.
I had to Raise the Garden several times as WalkingRock has gotten bigger. It is pretty easy to add a layer with Landscape Timbers. It used to be our vegi garden but then I got my 2 little ones and went with the grape vines instead.... I have another area around my deck that can also be transformed to a Tortoise Habitat for when the Vine Encloser is to small for 2, 30 lb torts to get along in. Im not sure wich of the 2 will loose the "Penthouse Condo" to the "Batchlor Pad" when the time comes!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Rain? Yes I think I've heard of that before. Somewhere in the distant past... in a land far far away...

Before reading the text I was going to tell you that you must have a broken pipe somewhere in your yard, because thats the only way a yard would ever get that wet here. :)

You know... Sprinklers and pipes... Surely that must sound vaguely familiar to some of our Southern members... :p

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Sprinklers.... I'm certain I have controls for those dusty remnants of the past somewhere in my garage!