Walkers Summer Days

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Walker turned 21 this year, He is a little over 29 inches. I've had him since just after hatching. He has lived in the same yard since 2006 so he knows it well.I have learned his routine over the years as he has grown.From some of the stories I've read about how destructive a large sulcata can be, Walker is very well behaved and hasn't been very destructive.We live in the Northern Neck of Virginia and he stays outside all year, even ventures out in the snow. He like the summer months much more.In the morning he has 25 cactus fruit and mulberry and grape leaves waiting for him outside his door.Picture 159.jpg Picture 178.jpgThen there is mazuri in different places around the yard for him to find.Picture 173.jpgPicture 145.jpgHe takes naps several times a day, this is one of his favorite spots.Walker 6417.jpgWhen he finishes resting he eats some more, he grazes on the grass and looks for more mazuriPicture 146.jpg In the evening I pick blooms and more leaves Picture 225.jpgWhen he heads back to his house for the night there is another 25 cactus fruits waiting for him outside his door. And tomorrow we will do it again.

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Thanks, I don't know about torotoise heaven but I do the best I can. He seems satisfied.and happy.

I think tortoise heaven is a warm, nice place with sun every day, a lot of food and no danger from predators.:rolleyes:
Have I something forgotten ?