Vivariums

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I really like vivariums and I know some people don't care for them, but I'm looking for a bigger one. Is there anything I can purchase that's about 4x8? I know nothing about this stuff. Looking for suggestions. If I have to, I'll be building a tortoise table then, this size

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never heard of one that size available commercially. Gotta make your own. I like giant closed chambers.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I've never heard of one that size available commercially. Gotta make your own. I like giant closed chambers.

Thanks Tom. That's what I was starting to think. Closed chamber it is. ;) I know you have some layouts for stuff like this, don't you? Where I can look at these?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
No, I've never seen one that big :confused: Premade vivariums (or maybe just the ones I found) can be quite pricey, so I can imagine one that size would cost a lot of money, and it would probably be cheaper to build your own anyway :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Far as I'm concerned, the biggest reason to NOT buy a viv is the fact that they cost so darned much. You can buy plastic tubs the same size or bigger for way cheaper.