Very worried! Please help!

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
Two weeks ago, me and my wife got our third Redfoot Fang!
We have been having some concerns regarding that He dont eat a lot. Just some bites of what we give him. His weight is varied. On jun 12 he weight 169g, on jun 18 181g and today 175g. He is always in his hide. And every time he poop is a weird watery thing. At first he was pooping out the whole food and it looks like he still does it.
Today we put him with the other just to see if he wants to eat more than usual. But instead just give like three bites of the Kale.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406071361.225124.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406071371.625746.jpg

He keep pooping like this.

Last week took a sample to the vet and it was negative to parasites and worms.
So I dont know what is going on here!

The temp is good also the Humidity.
We give to all three a warm soak every two days. And Dobby and Hedwig are doing great. And Fang is very active climbing everywhere and running.
Please some help here!!!!

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Here are some photos of Fang

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406072042.235640.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406072052.584768.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406072063.268795.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406072076.570413.jpg

Also he have a white spot in his skin on his leg! Is that a mole or somthing?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406072132.574854.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406072141.694531.jpg

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
I wouldn't be overly concerned. Weight seems to vary a lot on a week by week basis so I do monthly checks instead. If weight increases in a month then I wouldn't worry about how much (or how little) it appears he/she is eating. I was concerned for a long time with my reds in the beginning because it seemed like they never touched their food. However, their weight steadily increased so I didn't worry as much. As for the watery poops, maybe give his/her digestive tract used to all the good food you're providing and see if the poop consistency changes. Good luck and see what others say.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Sounds like he may just need some time to adapt. Hopefully the experts will be along soon.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Thanks! I will try to calm down with this. The others two adapt so quickly that maybe I got too worried.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Just a simple question with Fang. He is very different than Dobby and Hedwig. But is okay to have him in a plastic clear enclosure???
He keep looking down into Dobby's area. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406074899.605716.jpg

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Plastic containers are fine. Either it might seem like he's looking down at Dobby when he's just wandering the edges of the enclosure, or he might be able to see out a little and wants out, or he can just smell other tortoises. I really have no idea. Sometimes I wish I can read tortoise minds :D

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Yeah me too!
But before Fang look at me, he was actually looking at Dobby eating. Dobby isnt in the photo but she is like in a 45deg angle below him. And Fang did want it to get out.
I hope Fang do better soon cause watching Hedwig and Dobby eating everything of what we put to them in their plates and seeing Fang just looking at it. Is frustrating!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sometimes it takes some tortoise a bit longer to adjust than others....have you tried to offer Mazuri pellets to add some weight to him? He is a little thin around the neck and back legs (not picking on you or the tort, just an observation from the picture :D) Cute tort(s) by the way.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
I have tried almost every food I can find here. I grow all kinds of differents things here at home for them. Here in Puerto Rico is very difficult to find Mazuri. But I have a few dry pellets the provide the same nutrition.