Very cool, baby tortoise enclosure shelves for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
I have some really neat shelves that I would like to sell. Because of their size, I prefer local pick up. I am located 30 minutes north of Atlanta GA. They will dissemble, but a lot of the pieces are like 6' long, so shipping would not be cheap! If you are seriously interested in having me attempt to ship this, please contact me with your shipping info and I will get you a quote. My guess is some where in the $100 range to ship this. This measures 74" high by 53" wide by 20" deep. Here is a link to what they were originally before I "converted" them into shelves for my tortoises. http://www.buyplantlights.com/b4b-p2-full-size-light-cart.html# They are pretty hard to take a picture of because of the glare from the light. I replaced the plastic trays that you see in the picture with flowers on them with plywood. On top of the plywood I made 3 sided plastic "boxes" out of coroplast. They are not water tight, but depending on the substrate you use, can easily be kept damp. I have several pictures that I took throughout the years of using it. You can see each front has plexi glass. The plexi on the top three shelves is 6 1/2" high. The bottom shelf has full plexi doors from top to bottom that slide open. I did this for two reasons... I have dogs, and to keep my pancake tortoises from climbing out. It has 4 - T12 fluorescent fixtures. I am reasonably sure you can put T8 bulbs in these, but have never tried. If you would like to know if they will work, send me a message and I will try it. Each fixture has two 48" bulbs, one is UVB (not sure of the age) the other is just a regular daylight bulb. For basking I used the small mini domes (not included). You can see them in the pictures. Because of the short amount of distance these hang from the substrate, I was able to use 50 watt ceramic heat emitters. The lights plug into each other so you only have one cord to plug into the wall. Each light also has a switch so you can turn them off if you aren't using all of the shelves. The entire unit is on casters and rolls easily. These worked awesome for housing multiple baby tortoises. I have built my tortoises larger enclosures now, so I don't have room for these now. I "may" would be open to trade for a tortoise, and would be willing to pay any difference if you have something I want. For the most part I would only be interested in pyxis and western hermann's. I am asking $300.00 plus shipping for these. If you click the link above you will see what they cost. Please send me a message if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Chris

Attachments

• DSC02604.JPG
    DSC02604.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • phone pictures 731.JPG
    phone pictures 731.JPG
    534.5 KB · Views: 115
  • B4B-LG.jpg
    B4B-LG.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 110