Update on my sulcata tortoise!

Nicholas Bova

Hi everyone some of you may rember me I had a sulcata that i was learning to care for. I have him on a diet of orchard grass and Timothy hay and mazuri every few days, he seems like he is growing slightly and has been feeling heavier each time I've held him to let him walk around, he is defianetly more active as he is walking around when I get his food and water ready and is borrowing around in his enclosure. I have not put him outside yet fully but do take him out a few times a week to let him graze, he hasn't eaten any grass yet but explores like crazy!! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to build a permanent pen outside or at least start one and I'll keep everyone updated! Thanks again! Oh also is it possible that his shell could be flattening out as well ! His bumps look a lot smaller ?

image.jpeg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Thanks for the update! I can't imagine that his bumps will lessen but as he grows, they shouldn't get any worse, and may look better just because he is bigger.

Nicholas Bova

Okay yeah that must be what's happening ! Do the bumps hurt him at all ? Like what exactly happens during pyramiding ?