Unusually high box turtle and redfoot activity during the eclipse

the Turtle Shepherd

Location (City and/or State)
nowhere
Hello,
So, we all (well however many) went out to watch the eclipse but could not even look up :) lol:) So I went in the back yard where I observed a strange thing... my box turtles are never out and about at this our, their run around time is between 5 and 7 am, and to be out at 10 something am is very unusual. They were out and so I brought them cat food which they went for, even the one that never eats in front of me! (for those that do not keep box turtles: boxies are illusive, they hide most of the day in captivity and usually hunt in the early hours of the morning, they avoid any sort of sun except for the early morning cool sun, in my heck of the woods, so cal, pretty close to L.A.)
To top that I heard croaking in the other enclosure, turns out my redfoots chose it as the day to mate, and yes, it sounds hilarious:)
it is hot and humidity is very high, both are important factors in such strange activity, perhaps brought up partially by the eclipse, who knows:)
Did anyone else notice any strange or unusual behavior during the eclipse half hour?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
My eastern box turtles have been unusully active during the daytime and night time hours lately, I atributate it to the wet latePicture 1951.jpg summer we are having and the abunace of cicadas coming out of the ground this time of year. Tonight at 9pm I was letting the dogs out and saw this girl just outside the door chowing down on a cicada. The dogs startled her and she dropped it but waited for the dogs to come back in and finished it then.