Under gravel filters?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
yes , most of the water is below the gravel , only about 4-5" is above the gravel , there is a piece of sandstone for them to get out the water , which they seldom ever did or do.

This is really cool! :)
I want to make something like this for my mud turtle when I transition him to a bigger aquarium.
How did you make the part that is above water?
How deep is your water?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
This is really cool! :)
I want to make something like this for my mud turtle when I transition him to a bigger aquarium.
How did you make the part that is above water?
And how deep is your water?

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
And how deep is your water?
i think the tank is 24" tall , so i would guess there is about 18" of water in it ..... i raised everything up with stainless mesh , the bottom piece of mesh is the size of the tank , the top mesh is triangular and about a third of the tank , the gravel is on the mesh and a piece of sandstone is sitting on the gravel ..... the trickle filter and most of the plants are outside in their pond , the trickle filter was established so i used it to get one of the ponds going .... the only reason the tank is running is in case something looks like it needs to come inside for the winter ..... i've used clay bricks to raise the bottom before ..... aesthetics is not one of my strong points , but my stuff works .....
DSCF2297.jpg

13e180fd-e026-48c3-88c4-df0fea798b60.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
i think the tank is 24" tall , so i would guess there is about 18" of water in it ..... i raised everything up with stainless mesh , the bottom piece of mesh is the size of the tank , the top mesh is triangular and about a third of the tank , the gravel is on the mesh and a piece of sandstone is sitting on the gravel ..... the trickle filter and most of the plants are outside in their pond , the trickle filter was established so i used it to get one of the ponds going .... the only reason the tank is running is in case something looks like it needs to come inside for the winter ..... i've used clay bricks to raise the bottom before ..... aesthetics is not one of my strong points , but my stuff works .....
DSCF2297.jpg

13e180fd-e026-48c3-88c4-df0fea798b60.jpg

Great idea!!!! I may be contacting you for more details when I get closer to actually setting up a bigger tank. Will likely be 1 or maybe 2 years.
:):):)