1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

unable to start a new thread

Discussion in 'Site Help and Feedback' started by ERoss, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ERoss

ERoss New Member

Hi all,

I can post to existing threads but when I try to make a new thread i get a system message saying that I don't have enough permission to create a new topic. Is there a certain waiting period for new members to be able to create a new thread? It is very frustrating as I then have to ask questions only on existing threads which are not always the best place to ask them as it takes the thread off topic. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm using the app on my phone so possible that is it? Also user error.... Thanks!
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 5 Year Member Platinum Supporter

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    No, you should be able to start a thread right off the bat (for those who are wondering, I placed this post in its own thread).

You go to the section you want to post in, let's just choose "Introductions" for simplicity sake. On the Forum's home page click on "Introductions." Then when the screen comes up, in the upper right side click on "Post New Thread."

If that's what you're already doing, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try from a different device? Sorry you're having trouble.
  3. Tidgy's Dad

Tidgy's Dad Well-Known Member

There is a requirement of 100 posts or something for posting in forums such as the "For Sale' one.
    Is it that that's blocking you?