TSD in redfoots.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I'm curious from those with yrs of actual experience and results in what temps produce male and female redfoots. I know it's not a guaranteed but what are your experiences with what temps produce the majority sexes.
Also what temps started to produce splitties/extra scutes.
I've only hatched 12 out, all incubated at 84f/29°c with no splits etc.
Am I going to end up with all males?
Is it ok for me to up the temps slightly for my next clutch without danger of splitties?
Do humidity levels play a part in splitties too?
I've nothing against splitties BTW, just I've got it in my head splitties are one step away from serious deformities which scares the life out of me.

I read:-
82.4f/28°c is majority males.
89.6f/32°c is majority females.

Thanks

Craig.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I incubate at 83-84F to avoid the splits and somehow the majority of mine turned out to be girls. Thermometer was fine as I used a second to check the temps.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I incubate at 83-84F to avoid the splits and somehow the majority of mine turned out to be girls. Thermometer was fine as I used a second to check the temps.
That's music to my ears Allegra. Thank you.
Do you open your incubator often to have a nosey at what's going on?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Not so much anymore. Around January is when I start to really check often. I was thinking of incubating at 81F this year in an attempt to produce some killer males. It seems like the more colorful ones tend to be female. Not that there aren't some outstanding males but the girls seem to be more colorful.