Trying celery for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Just read up on it, I was under the impression it was good for sulcata diet but now read it has nearly zero nutritional value but is another water base. Darn :-( . I really wanna start buying new things from the grocery to mix in with the already used collard/turnip/mustard greens with chopped green pepper. Ideas? Wanna give my lil dude a freaken tasty salad :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, I don't know if the powers-that-be will frown upon it or not but I add grated carrots and zucchini to my baby tortoise's salad. As well as (upon occasion) opuntia cactus. If your ground outside isn't covered by a layer of that awful white stuff, you can look for prickly lettuce, sowthistle, fillaree, mallow...this is a real good time of year for weeds to be a-sproutin'.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Oh I have probably 5inch of snow to be melted outside, Iowa was hit with its first blizzard two weeks ago and temps haven't even touched 32 yet. My little guy will be inside for another 2 months easy.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
My guys really enjoy spring mix from the grocery store.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
lots of variety at the grocery store you can use.. and you can try chopping soft timothy hay into the mix as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.