Triplet update--Huey, Dewey and...Peanut

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
The triplet cherryheads that emerged last Sunday are all still alive and looking better each day. Since they were separated on Tuesday they have been quietly absorbing their yolk inside the incubator.
The larger two have just a little bump of it left and I think they will both be OK...

DSC08556.jpg

In fact, I offered them a little bit of soaked Mazuri this morning and they both jumped on it...

DSC08557.jpg

The smallest has also absorbed his yolk although I am a little concerned about the remaining extra tissue that was from the separation. I am hoping this dries up and sheds off along with the yolk sac membrane...

DSC08552.jpg

Like his larger siblings I also offered him a little bit of Mazuri today. He seemed to go for it...

DSC08561.jpg

I am becoming cautiously optimistic about them all making it. We named them Huey, Dewey and....Peanut.
Yes I know, the last one is supposed to be Louie. But Peanut fits better so...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice Mr. Carl ... thanks for the constant updates .. its very interesting to say the least ~

JD~:)

Faery

5 Year Member
Alaska
So glad to hear these little ones are doing well!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
What a bunch of little miracles. Please continue to keep us posted, this is fascinating.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
That is so wonderful, they look great! I am so hppy they all three are surviving and looking strong!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I think they will make it, Peanut looks great! The other two also looked nice and strong, just smaller than the normal hatchling, Peanut of course is miniscule compared to a normal hatchling but still full of energy! Fingers crossed that the "belly button" heals totally.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Peanut is a "peanut"!! What a tiny little thing! I agree with the person who said he looks like a cartoon :p
Fingers crossed that they continue doing well!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Carl, they are wonderful little fighters, and what more could I say about Peanut. He's adorable!! He looks like a little beetle, with those big eyes.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
One look at Peanut and I think each and every one of us want to take him home. I had been wondering about the three of them. So glad to see this update and seeing each of them eating was such a treat!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I've been waiting for an update - what great news that so far so good with all three! And the names are fitting! Can't wait to continue to read updates!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Peanut is the perfect name! Gosh. He's such a cute little guy. I love his small body and big head/eyes! :D Please continue updating!

Status
Not open for further replies.