Trimmed beak help

Big Ol Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
pflugerville Tx
I'm clipping Mrs.Turtles beak and I notice that the right side of here beak is thicker. So I'm doing my best to make it look nice and what do you know... I clipped her beak just a little to far and there's a tiny bit of blood and I mean you have to be face to face to see it. So what do I do? Leave it be? Also should I file it down right now or will it hurt her.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it were me, I would leave it for now. Let it go for a week or so and then try again either trimming or filing. In the mean time be sure to feed on a ruff surface that will help to file it down and also keep an eye on it for the next couple days just to be sure it doesn't start up bleeding.

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
If it were me, I would leave it for now. Let it go for a week or so and then try again either trimming or filing. In the mean time be sure to feed on a ruff surface that will help to file it down and also keep an eye on it for the next couple days just to be sure it doesn't start up bleeding.
Thanks for quick response Wellington!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You could also give the tortoise the option to have a cuttlebone it helps!
I usually give my tortoises the cuttlebones when it's calcium day.
Good idea, if your torts will use them. I think mine think they are poison or something. They just like to get them as dirty as possible, not even a try on it, ugh

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Good idea, if your torts will use them. I think mine think they are poison or something. They just like to get them as dirty as possible, not even a try on it, ugh

Mine took over a year of trashing the cuttlebone before they all went nuts over it one week. Silly creatures.