Travelling with Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisbon, Portugal
I'll be going up to my inlaws this weekend (4 days) and was wondering if I should take the tort with us, or leave it home and have a friend come and feed it on Sunday.

It's a 3 hour drive to their farm up north, so I'm wondering if it's worth it. I've left the tort home on 2 day weekends before, with no problem whatsoever. But since this is a long weekend I was wondering if I should bring it along.

To all of you who have travelled with tortoises: do they stress alot with the journey?

Thanks,
T.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I usually leave mine home and have a friend come over. I think it is too stressful. Plus, my friends enjoy coming over and taking care of them for me!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I think Dee has the correct answer. Traveling with torts,esp this time of year, subjects them to too much stress and possible hazards.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have done a lot of experimenting with traveling with torts. For only a few days, it is most certainly not worth the trouble and stress for both you and them. This time of year, even if you are prepared with heat packs and insulating supplies, weather can cause big troubles. Your making the right choice to leave him at home and then you can enjoy the trip and visit yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.