Total Tortoise Newbe

Sfoss

Hi all, I have wanted a Herman's or Russian tortoise for quite some time but don't know much about them so I thought I would come here to learn. I may learn they are not for me which I know may be a possibility, but better to know for sure before giving a living creature a forever home. I hope to meet some knowledgeable people that can help me with my decision.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Welcome to the forum. Check out the Mediterranean category under the species specific section. Russians and Herman tortoises are listed ther and the care sheets will give you a basic idea of what you will need.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Why did you choose these two torts , why not Greeks or marginals ? And please I'm not saying no to Russians or Hermanns . Just asking why ?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432533015.002866.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome you are very sensible - there is such a lot to learn! I had no idea there was so many different sorts of torts before I was adopted by one last summer. Thankfully I found this forum. I'm sure the folks here will help you with your decision and you'll always have lots of support after. Good luck!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Torts make great pets if you are prepared first.