Tory is laying eggs help needed

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea UK
My Tunisian tort is trying to lay eggs but she's digging in a place where the soil is not deep enough right under the basking light,should I leave her alone or move her to a better place

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
If she has not dug other test nests, you may still be a day or so out before she actually lays. They sometimes dig several test nests before settling on a suitable site.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
she laid 4 eggs ,omg she worked hard, after she had finished she could hardly walk,I know its a bit early but if the eggs are fertile and hatch ,what should i get to keep the babies in,would a little viv be ok or should i build a little table

Heather H

N.E. ohio
she laid 4 eggs ,omg she worked hard, after she had finished she could hardly walk,I know its a bit early but if the eggs are fertile and hatch ,what should i get to keep the babies in,would a little viv be ok or should i build a little table
Don't turn the eggs. I will tag some people. @Yvonne G , @Tom , @tortadise

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Yeah! Congratulations! How exciting for you. Hope they are fertile. Do you have an incubator set up? You might want to start a new thread for help with the eggs. You may get better results that way.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
yes i went and bought an incubator as soon as i realised what she was doing and i put a little x on top lol.,I have only had these 2 tortoises for a few months male is 33 and female 31,and according to the previous owner who had them from hatchlings they have never mated and shes never laid eggs.but they gonna at it like bunnies so i don' t know how she missed it .do they look ok 10968404_10153152151897044_5546138609524331292_n.jpg