TORTOISES FOR SALE!!! DISGRACEFUL !!!

margykid

Is it just me or are these three month old tortoises::
1. Older than three months
2. Badly pyramided for such young things
3.get in a tiny space
4.Just eating lettuce
I would buy them but I only just have the space and money for one tort let alone three.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411800291.928422.jpg

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
so much misinformation going around! torts are territorial, they like being the king of there own enclosure! I'm guessing the sulcata are about a year old, probably stunted and pyramided from only eating lettuce!:mad::(

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
so much misinformation going around! torts are territorial, they like being the king of there own enclosure! I'm guessing the sulcata are about a year old, probably stunted and pyramided from only eating lettuce!:mad::(
A bad diet does play part :( and they are probably being kept way way way too dry! I think 'turbo' is pyramided too... :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have to remember, pet shops don't have the room or facilities to set tortoises up in permanent, large enclosures. They are there for display and sales. Pet shops are in business to make money, not to set up habitats for tortoises. Hopefully their animals only stay in small spaces for a short while until sold.

margykid

You have to remember, pet shops don't have the room or facilities to set tortoises up in permanent, large enclosures. They are there for display and sales. Pet shops are in business to make money, not to set up habitats for tortoises. Hopefully their animals only stay in small spaces for a short while until sold.
That's not a pet shop it's an owner.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Is it just me or are these three month old tortoises::
1. Older than three months
2. Badly pyramided for such young things
3.get in a tiny space
4.Just eating lettuce
I would buy them but I only just have the space and money for one tort let alone three.View attachment 97569

Don't look at tortoises on Preloved; it will only make you sad and angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tortoise Forum