Tortoise tantrum?

Location (City and/or State)
Parker, Arizona
Is it normal for tortoises to show aggressive behavior and stomping around for no reason? He's by himself and everything else seems fine he just seems to be in a bad mood and he's stomping around a lot after 15 minutes he's back to his old self could I have witnessed a tortie tantrum?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Yes, I think it is normal. I don't know what sets them off but Charlie has occasionally gone on a rampage, dragging the lawn furniture all over the yard.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Bowser gets moody also! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a stubborn tortoise, lol!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You guys are a riot.

No wonder your tortoises are moody and grumpy. At least they are trying not to be slow, neutral and boring!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Is it normal for tortoises to show aggressive behavior and stomping around for no reason? He's by himself and everything else seems fine he just seems to be in a bad mood and he's stomping around a lot after 15 minutes he's back to his old self could I have witnessed a tortie tantrum?
How old is he? Maybe it's "that time of the year" or maybe it's something else like ants or other biting pests?

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Steve, my Russian, tends to be more "active" during that time of the year... Nevertheless, I've seen him randomly hiss at a rock or something for no apparent reason. It must have looked at him funny. ;)