Tortoise Symposiums/shows

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
The two most popular are TSA which is in New Orleans this year I believe (This month?) and TTPG in Mesa, Ariz. usually in November.
OMG!!!! There's a tortoise show in NEW ORLEANS??!?! I live just 25 miles north of New Orleans!!!!:):):)
What exactly does TSA stand for?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
OMG!!!! There's a tortoise show in NEW ORLEANS??!?! I live just 25 miles north of New Orleans!!!!:):):)
What exactly does TSA stand for?

It'a not a show, it's a symposium with talks by seasoned and neo tortoise scientists where many folks end up patting themselves on the back, because their good deeds for tortoise conservation are somewhat otherwise wholly unrecognized. There are no live animal displays but often scheduled behind the scenes tours of public and/or private collections.

TTPG is a more narrative friendly symposium where nobody is looking for public recognition and the tone is calm happiness. It is the only turtle based gathering with an a$$hole coefficient very near zero.

IMO

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
It'a not a show, it's a symposium with talks by seasoned and neo tortoise scientists where many folks end up patting themselves on the back, because their good deeds for tortoise conservation are somewhat otherwise wholly unrecognized. There are no live animal displays but often scheduled behind the scenes tours of public and/or private collections.

TTPG is a more narrative friendly symposium where nobody is looking for public recognition and the tone is calm happiness. It is the only turtle based gathering with an a$$hole coefficient very near zero.

IMO
Very helpful, THANKS!!!:)
Excuse my continued ignorance, but what is TTPG? :p