Tortoise swallowed some yarn?

Beligratis

So somehow my baby tortoise got ahold of some yarn that was sticking out of a knitted pad thingy I put in her enclosure. I don't know how much exactly she swallowed, because I pulled it out of her mouth when I saw it. I also don't know if the yarn was polyester or wool. She is a baby, about 4-5in long. Is she just gonna poop it out, or should I be worried?

eric joranson

Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
hopefully you got the whole piece when you pulled it from her mouth. Is she eating normally? Just wait and check her stool (s). If she fails to defecate normally; (or has abnormal color); then it might be time for a vet visit. Pretty sure the yarn would not show up on xray; but if she becomes impacted due to its being there; that will show.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would not worry too much. More than likely she will pass it with no problems just keep an eye out for abnormal behavior. as always make sure she's hydrated

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would keep a close eye on her and keep her hydrated. Then, only add things to enclosure that would be found outside in their natural habitat. Leaves, rocks, wood, etc. Human or dog/cat toy type stuff should not be with torts.