Not open for further replies.

Jordan67

5 Year Member
Can my Russian tortoise feel me when I touch his shell? Even softly

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
If I'm not mistaken, yes they can. Some tortoises really enjoy being petted on the shell.

Jordan67

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply :) the reason I've put it in the debatable is because I'm not too sure because when I touch is leg he will be quite shocked and pull his head in but when I touch his shell there's no reaction

ottosmom18

5 Year Member
My otto looooves to be petted on the head he will even fall asleep as I pet him!

Jordan67

5 Year Member
Yes maybe, we will never truly know as we are not a tortoise

tortoise_man1

5 Year Member
Michigan
yes they can feel when you touch their shells. Bella my rt enjoys when I run my hand over her shell.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
I just had my cowroker "pet" my thumbnail....it feels more like a friction kind of feeling than a petting feeling...I would encourage you all to have someone pet your thumb nail...if you do it yourself it feels different.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Eloise said:
I just had my cowroker "pet" my thumbnail....it feels more like a friction kind of feeling than a petting feeling...I would encourage you all to have someone pet your thumb nail...if you do it yourself it feels different.

LOL! That is the weirdest thing I have ever read on here. IM GOING TO DO IT! :D haha

Status
Not open for further replies.