Tortoise peeing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLykeTuRtL3z

5 Year Member
Sometime last week, my Sulcata ( 1 year old, and same one from last post) after I soaked her and placed her under her heat lamp, she peed. It seemed like sooo much pee ! It was a light orange color and was just liquid, with some white poop stuff. The color might be from the orange Nature zone tortoise bites that I was feeding her. But today, she did it again, under the same situation. I soak her everyday and she seems to drink like every other day. Was she just getting rid of extra water. And I was also feeding her alot of the tortoise bites with have alot of water, Was that the problem, or something else ??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
No in the wild tortoises hold in their urates until the find a source of water so they can release all of their urates and then replenish their water reserves, I imagine since your tortoise has access to a lot of water, than he would in the wild, he simply releases the urates when he can.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yup....good stuff....water intake=pee'g and all over again...also you will notice the more frequently that this happens the less urates you will begin to see....:D

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, my cakes like doing it (pee) when they eat or get out of their pool. its a tortoise thing. 'lol'

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
My red foot pee & poo while she is eating

doctrin13th

5 Year Member
Philippines
Is it normal for the pee color to be orange? My sulcata peed orange for three days and then back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.