Tortoise Lost in transit, Please Help!

Lily Matava

Location (City and/or State)
Houston Tx/ Fairbanks Ak
FedEx has lost my tortoise Mischa. He was shipped on the 25th he was supposed to arrive on the 26th. He is stuck in to Memphis,Tennessee and no one at FedEx has been any help at all. I fear for his safety, I'm hoping that he is in some sleep state or hibernation state. FedEx cannot locate his package. Does anybody have any advice; I'm incredibly desperate for anything to help me get my little guy back.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Couple of things I would consider, usually when something is held in Memphis (FedEx hub) paperwork wasn't done correctly. The other issue is, FedEx typically won't deliver on Saturday unless the paperwork was for that day. They won't deliver on Sunday's so that leaves tomorrow. I would call fedex continually until they put a trace on the package so it definitely can be tracked down to its whereabouts.

Lily Matava

Houston Tx/ Fairbanks Ak
Couple of things I would consider, usually when something is held in Memphis (FedEx hub) paperwork wasn't done correctly. The other issue is, FedEx typically won't deliver on Saturday unless the paperwork was for that day. They won't deliver on Sunday's so that leaves tomorrow. I would call fedex continually until they put a trace on the package so it definitely can be tracked down to it whereabouts.
He has had a trace on him since Friday (and another applied yesterday)... They told me I could drive six hours to another city to pick him up on Saturday so I did. I had to stay in a hotel there for two days. They've cost me over five hundred dollars at this point... And I'm not even sure he's going to be alive. I've called four times in the past twenty four hours and one of the people even yelled at me.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Wow!!! They should be paying for that!!!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Completely understand, if you don't hear something tomorrow afternoon shoot me a pm and I will talk to my local sales rep and maybe she can look into it.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Oh no! Is this an adult? FedEx lost my package of hatchlings once. I went to the facility, threw a huge fit, and would not leave until they found it. It is amazing what a manager can accomplish with a hysterical woman in his store. I am praying for a happy ending for you. Best wishes.

Lily Matava

Houston Tx/ Fairbanks Ak
Oh no! Is this an adult? FedEx lost my package of hatchlings once. I went to the facility, threw a huge fit, and would not leave until they found it. It is amazing what a manager can accomplish with a hysterical woman in his store. I am praying for a happy ending for you. Best wishes.
He's a juvenile, I keep him in the best health possible. So so far: Ive been to a Fedex store and thrown a fit, my mom (who shipped him up to me, I'm residing permanently in my college town.) has called them and been on the line for hours. My dad has done the same thing. I've called multiple times and they've just been incredibly rude to me and run me around in circles.

Lily Matava

Houston Tx/ Fairbanks Ak
Also was your package late/available for a refund?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
No. They have so many caveats, it is impossible. If you farted while your package is in transent, it is exempt. My package was found and delivered 48 hours for an overnight delivery, but they were all ok. Cold, but ok.

Lily Matava

Houston Tx/ Fairbanks Ak
No. They have so many caveats, it is impossible. If you farted while your package is in transent, it is exempt. My package was found and delivered 48 hours for an overnight delivery, but they were all ok. Cold, but ok.
Oh boy. I was going to try to get my hotel money back as their employees were the ones that directed me there. (In addition to the money I spent on his shipment)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You do need to try and get your money back from them. They should be bending over backwards to help you and find the package, which is not just a thing, but a living animal. Have you gone to the top idiot? Good luck, sure hope all turns out well. When you get him, give him a long warm water soak first thing. Then some food and a comfy home for him to chill in for a while. Please keep us updated.

Lily Matava

Houston Tx/ Fairbanks Ak
You do need to try and get your money back from them. They should be bending over backwards to help you and find the package, which is not just a thing, but a living animal. Have you gone to the top idiot? Good luck, sure hope all turns out well. When you get him, give him a long warm water soak first thing. Then some food and a comfy home for him to chill in for a while. Please keep us updated.
My mother and I both have sat on the phone for hours trying to get somewhere with these people. They just keep telling us they can't find him. I can't believe they've messed up so badly, and been so incredibly rude about it. Given I haven't been too nice, but THEY'RE the ones that lost my little guy...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My mother and I both have sat on the phone for hours trying to get somewhere with these people. They just keep telling us they can't find him. I can't believe they've messed up so badly, and been so incredibly rude about it. Given I haven't been too nice, but THEY'RE the ones that lost my little guy...
I wouldn't be too nice either. They should understand your position. Keep on them to keep looking. There was a tracking number right? I don't understand how a tracking number gets lost. Keeping fingers crossed this all turns out okay. Keep us posted.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
FedEx has lost my tortoise Mischa. He was shipped on the 25th he was supposed to arrive on the 26th. He is stuck in to Memphis,Tennessee and no one at FedEx has been any help at all. I fear for his safety, I'm hoping that he is in some sleep state or hibernation state. FedEx cannot locate his package. Does anybody have any advice; I'm incredibly desperate for anything to help me get my little guy back.

Very sorry to know that FedEx lost your tort.:(

Let's hope for the best and good luck! Please keep us updated.:D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Did you label the box:
"live animal"
"live harmless reptile"
"do not place in sun"
"This side up"
....I really hope so

Poke any holes in the box?

How did you package the tort within the box itself?

If you have an absorbent substrate in his container to help absorb waste and the package isn't upside down or sitting in the sun, it's a good chance your tort is going to be ok.

I'm sorry this happened. Please update us when possible.

And I ask those questions to see if the answers can help prevent this from happening to others in the future.