Tortoise Less Active After Moving Into New Enclosure

TortObsession

Location (City and/or State)
Somerville, Alabama
I have an approximately 3 1/2 year old Brown Burmese Mountain tortoise. I just moved her into a new, larger enclosure yesterday. I haven't seen her come out of her shell at all since I moved her in there. I fed her this morning, and most of the greens are gone, so she had to have moved around to eat. The temperature in her enclosure is good, and her humidity is much higher than it was in her old enclosure since it wasn't a closed chamber, and this one is. Could her lack of activity just be caused by stress from moving? Thanks in advance.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You have changed things. Tortoises HATE change. You have to go back to how things were when she was new and take things gently. Stick to a routine so there are no nasty surprises and walk away and leave her to explore without feeling that she is being watched. She will get used to it, but it may take a few weeks. You have done the right thing to move her to a larger enclosure, but she just isn't bright enought to understand that! :)

TortObsession

Somerville, Alabama
I just removed her from her enclosure to let her sit outside and soak for a little bit, and she returned back to her usually happy self. As soon as I picked her up she stretched her head out, so I think she's just trying to get used to the change. Thanks for the help!