Tortoise found

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzjustjeff

5 Year Member
Hello!

Rescued a Tortoise on his way onto the freeway headed for the city. I live in the 626 area code. I don't want to give the tortoise to anyone but the true rightful owner because I'd be devastated if the case were my own. If you've recently lost a tortoise in the area please message me! Paid a visit to a vet to get it sexed, weighed, and checked up. I'll take care this buddy until then.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
itzjustjeff said:
Hello!

Rescued a Tortoise on his way onto the freeway headed for the city. I live in the 626 area code. I don't want to give the tortoise to anyone but the true rightful owner because I'd be devastated if the case were my own. If you've recently lost a tortoise in the area please message me! Paid a visit to a vet to get it sexed, weighed, and checked up. I'll take care this buddy until then.

It might help, if you let people know what type of tortoise was found.

waterweezel

5 Year Member
Dickinson, Texas
Yeah, I lost my 13 yr old leopard in the 281 area code. Actually, dear old mom lost her. It was after hurricane Ike so, like, 2 1/2 years ago. She could have made it there in that time, yeah?

Thanks for the post. I have always hoped that someone would offer up shyAnne if she was found. I can only hope that she converted another family to being a tortoise lover!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jeff:

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm thinking that the area code is in Los Angeles?

I suggest you put an ad in your local newspaper. "Found" ads are free. But don't give out too much information. Make the folks who answer the ad i.d. the tortoise. You might also place it on Craig's List.

Good luck in finding the owner.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome to the forum and thanks for doing this.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Well ??? Just so curious, could it be the leopard from 2.5 yrs ago??? Wouldn't that be cool..
Nay

waterweezel

5 Year Member
Dickinson, Texas
Well, she would have had to travel 1500 miles. I know they are slow and tenacious but i bet a tort lover found her along the way and befriended her. At least that is my theory.

I don't even know that the found tort is a leopard or a girl. itzjustjeff will have to tell us or show us pix...k

itzjustjeff

5 Year Member
I figure if the owner is looking for his/her tortoise they"ll describe him/her. But to answer your question it's an African Spurred

A

almondthomas

Tortoise mostly found on the sea sore.Tortoise one animal to live in the water.Mostly we can seen in the sea.Different sea sore many different type tortoise available.Many people take him at home and make a pet.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
almondthomas said:
Tortoise mostly found on the sea sore.Tortoise one animal to live in the water.Mostly we can seen in the sea.Different sea sore many different type tortoise available.Many people take him at home and make a pet.

What????? so confused by you!!

jdub

5 Year Member
hi jeff do you by any chance have a photo of this tortoise you found? is it a sulcata with imperfect scutes? mine was stolen from the 626 area a few months ago and the thieves tried coming back to take my other 2.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jason: This is a very old posting and the poster hasn't re-visited the forum since April. And they have their email not activated.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
looks like the OP hasn't been on TFO for quite some time. Maybe sending a PM will send an email notification to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.