Tortoise breathing.

Beckyy_

Hey all,

Lets hope i post this right as i am new to this. I need some help or advice if at all possible.
I have a marginated fringe tail tortoise, 10/11 years of age ( i adopted him from an elderly lady who wasn't certain of his age) who has an awful little squeaky whistle coming out his nose.
In the past we have vets visits and he has diagnosed them as a respiratory infections. Almost two weeks ago we sadly had to had to take a trip back because he was under the weather again. They yet again said it was respiratory, and gave me some baytril for him to take orally. 0.3 ml twice a day, and also metacam (the anti-inflammatory) 2ml, once a day.
During this "infection" he hasn't had a runny nose in the slightest, no puffy eyes, he hasn't been opening his mouth to gasp for breath int he slightest, he hasn't been dehydrated nor has his substrate been changed at all (The weather has been a bit too bad in the UK for me to allow him to roam outside).
As i said it has almost been two weeks of being on this antibiotic and the squeak hasn't gone, the weirdest part is, it isn't there ALL the time. It's when he is breathing out, and even that isn't all the time, he is quite as a mouse whilst asleep, i would say the squeak is there probably 60% of the time, not 100% (If that makes sense).
He won't eat at all, no matter what i try, which i am assuming is a side affect from the baytril, i took him back to the vets due to this because obviously you don't want to think about your pet without eating, he recommended that i have a rehydration pack and orally inject it into his mouth every two hours. He hasn't passed anything toilet (poop) wise in over a week, and even then that was only a very small amount for what he would usually do, and even then it was a good few days until he had done that also. He has urinated, the thick white substance which i am assuming is due to the dehydration (even though i am staying ontop of the hydration as much as i can it's not exactly what he needs is it) and obviously the medication also passing it's way out. I am bathing him/letting him soak for 30 mins a day, twice a day in luke warm water. Aswell as all this he just is so lethargic, don't get me wrong he can have his lazy moments as it is, but this is more than usual and i am assuming yet again it was down to the antibiotic and the lack off motivation/energy to even eat or anything.
I'm just at a loss for what to do, im worried and also scared for him so any advice or suggestions i would be more than grateful for.

Thankyou.

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Show us Your enclosure, give some information about temperature and the things You are feeding him.

Giving the fact that he was adopted and could be raised in very poor conditions it is possible that he inherited his sickens.
Besides that reoccurring RI can be caused by parasites. Do a fecal examine. Also not always oral antibiotics work well - maybe he needs injections ( it's not upper RI but pulmonary infection). Baytril is not always "the one" there are certain other antibiotics that can be used. Consult whit a knowledgeable Reptile Vet, second opinion is a good way to go.

Good luck ;)