Tort Pictures from Music Museum

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
I just recently went to a the MIM here in Arizona close where i live . It is a Music Museum and i found a few pictures of some tortoise shells used as drums . They come from Mexico . It is called a Carapacho . It was kinda disturbing at first but then i realized that it was really just a cool sight to see especially because my life is involved in a tortoise hah ! It was actually cool to see even though I would never do that to a tort ! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] feel free to leave your opinions on these music makers :) please no mean comments , i didn't make these , they are from Mexico from a long time ago . Please excuse the people in the back. :pImageUploadedByTortForum1389814883.372887.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1389814898.902665.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1389814915.302736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
That's very interesting! Hopefully it's a shell of a tortoise that passed naturally (that's what I'm going to tell myself!). Did it say what kind of tortiose?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I also hope they not found out the tortoise's shell can become a drum after a meal.

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
Pokeymeg said:
That's very interesting! Hopefully it's a shell of a tortoise that passed naturally (that's what I'm going to tell myself!). Did it say what kind of tortiose?

Yes hopefully it is :) and no it didn't say.. but its shell is very pretty

bouaboua said:
I also hope they not found out the tortoise's shell can become a drum after a meal.

I hope they didn't either ! :)