Tort Or Turt Zoo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz California
Whats the closest zoo to veiw torts and turts for you?Mines the San Francisco Zoo.I also live close to the Monterey Bay Aquarium that has a sea turtle.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The closest to me would be about 90 minutes away at the Children's Zoo in Lincoln, NE. Mostly just redfoots and leopards.

The Henry Dorley Zoo in Omaha has a few other types, but torts aren't one of their major focus points.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
i live in coventry, theres a zoo about 2 hours drive from there thathas hermanns tortoises and horsefield tortoises.
And they also have 3 large pig nose river turtles, 2 softshell turtles and loads of RES/YBS turtles.

But thats the only one i know of.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Im happy they had a fair here and they had a little reptile mspot with all these turtles only two I can clearly rember is the snapping turtle and the red eared slider there was two other kinds i forgot the names of and two spur thighed tortoises.They also had a bunch of snakes and geckos and lizards and 2 caimen or was it alligator or crocdile?They also had a rattle snake.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you had a fun day Rees.:) Which one of the animals did you like the most or maybe were just fascinated the most with?

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
either the caiman or alligator snapping turtle.Rattlesnake was my third.Oh and forgot to mention I went to the petstore after the fair.:D.But only a few turrles were at the petstore :( and no tortoises.:(.But I was STILL HAPPY.

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I love snapping turtles... One of the things I plan on doing this winter time is set up a pond for one... I have been reading about them for some time and it seems that they are really hardy and easy to care for...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They are neat animals. To me, they seem the most dinosaur looking of them all. We have the common around here. Would like to get a chance to really watch the alligator snapper a bit.

So what are your pond ideas so far?

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Does my house count?? Everyone that visits tells me I have a zoo...lol I've thought of charging a small fee :p

Status
Not open for further replies.