Tort bug strikes again

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
WoW!
Lovely.
And as smooth as Silky the Silkworms favourite silk pyjamas.
Thanks Adam, it has surprised me how smooth the first 2 have gotten since I got them. Both had some very bumpy scutes when I got them, but in the last few weeks it's drastically changed.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks Adam, it has surprised me how smooth the first 2 have gotten since I got them. Both had some very bumpy scutes when I got them, but in the last few weeks it's drastically changed.
The third one looks pretty much perfect to my poor old eyes, the other two, one can tell they had an early dry start, but smooth as a panther skin codpiece since. :)
Good job, sir.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Is the new torts eating mazuri ?

Funny you would ask today, I just put some in with each one today. Hercules started eating it and Casper just walked away from it. Yesterday they both ate some cactus. It was a huge success. The new re-home tort in a week has gained 70 grams. She went from 490 to 560. She loves Mazuri, pretty sure she never had before. Zeus the older baby still won't touch t.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481813673.187995.jpg

Nisi

New York
I think I am going to try it again with Juggalo he is still gaining he's up 7 grams since his vet visit and he is starting to get white spots between his scutes black lines .. .

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I think I am going to try it again with Juggalo he is still gaining he's up 7 grams since his vet visit and he is starting to get white spots between his scutes black lines .. .
Awesome!! You need to post some pics.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
But you have to give him back.=)

I certainly would.

I would like to help out a breeder and just take some in and raise them right to 100-300 grams and then he could sell them. I just enjoy that part of it.

Nisi

New York
I certainly would.

I would like to help out a breeder and just take some in and raise them right to 100-300 grams and then he could sell them. I just enjoy that part of it.

I can't seem to get him over 49grams he's bouncing back and fourth between 47-49g. But he does have new growth that little stinker