Ticks on Redfoots?

Dėad Lee

I live in a rural area in Texas. My dogs have gotten ticks, and I've found some on myself after walking through the field, but I've never seen them on a tortoise. It seems the ticks prefer long/thick grass, which the yard is usually cut short, so this may help if you have a tick problem.
Around here they're just everywhere, even at the park where the grass is really short...

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Around here they're just everywhere, even at the park where the grass is really short...

I suppose our hot/dry summers keep their populations to a low. We have fleas like crazy though.

Dėad Lee

I suppose our hot/dry summers keep their populations to a low. We have fleas like crazy though.
I swear nothing kills ticks around me. We had a very cold winter and then a wet spring and then a very hot summer, the ticks were horrible. The fleas were bad too, but the ticks are out of control

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I swear nothing kills ticks around me. We had a very cold winter and then a wet spring and then a very hot summer, the ticks were horrible. The fleas were bad too, but the ticks are out of control

Well, our fleas are so bad, if you stand in certain spots for only a few seconds, your feet will be covered in literally hundreds. They're like tiny fire ants.