the new "what do you look like" thread

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
At the undesirable sake of getting kicked off the only, "Proper Forum" on the World Wide Internet Machine, I will simply and with dignity respond, "Tortoises" and maybe some turtles. For instance, I have a fossil of a turtle from back in the days when they could not retract their heads into their shells. Their closest relative today is a "side-neck" turtle. I might want one of those turtles to go along with the fossil, but I'm not thrilled with having a water-turtle tank in the livingroom. Ya' know? I think I'll just stick with my original favorite pick/statement that would get me kicked off of here. LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was just looking over some of the photos. It's sad how many of us are no longer on the forum.
Including some very fun and interesting members I'd all but forgotten about.

I agree. Too sad that so many of our old friends no longer come visit us here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I agree (not about you looking old). I hardly ever look in the mirror and when I do I wonder who is that old lady looking back at me?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I agree (not about you looking old). I hardly ever look in the mirror and when I do I wonder who is that old lady looking back at me?
Lol....yes. most times I feel like I'm still in my 20s, then I look in the mirror and see wrinkles forming and my face falling. That's when I realize my 20s was decades ago.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
everybody gets old everybody dies, that's life

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
True. But at what point do you no longer identify with that face in the mirror?
I seem to have grown ancient overnight.
It does seem overnight! When my kids were teens people thought we were sisters! They are only 23 and 22 now! This is when people said that, about 8 to 10 years ago. Me and my daughter.
205029_1013476909279_2703_n.jpg

Last edited:

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
It does seem overnight! When my kids were teens people thought we were sisters! They are only 23 and 22 now! This is when people said that, about 8 to 10 years ago. Me and my daughter.
View attachment 205674
That was true for me too, with my daughters. One of my daughter's boyfriend's friends tried to ask me out. Now I look my age, and try to avoid looking in the mirror.