The Mr T Experience

saginawhxc

Location (City and/or State)
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
668g. +68g over the last three weeks.

We finally bought a house. We haven't made the move yet, but we have been painting, cleaning, fixing things, and preparing every single night. So between that, the holidays, and work being super crazy right now the last three weeks or may have been the busiest three weeks of my life. So I have been neglecting updates and haven't touched my camera. I've also spent next to zero time on the forum. I miss it.

I need to take some pictures and do a thread on the shed before I take it down. With winter in full swing here I have made a decision to dedicate a room in the basement to the tortoises for this winter, and then in the spring I will put the shed back together.

It's been officially verified that the twins are both males now. So with both of them flashing their junk I may have to step up my rehoming game for at least one of them.

I've also decided 100% that as soon as we get settled in the new house Mr T gets a new house and I will start preparing and making a few changes to his current in preparation for something else. I'm thinking about maybe a Star.

I did walk by the other day and catch Mr T taking a self soak and drink. He is close to being to big for this water dish now. He is also getting close to being big enough that I won't be able to pick him up with one hand for long.
IMG_9215.jpg

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Thank you!

I also got a new baby yesterday... an Alligator Snapping Turtle hatchling!!! The thought of 100lb+ tortoises apparently weren't enough for me, now I needed to add an aquatic turtle that will grow to a similar size but with the ability to eat my arm if I'm not careful.

domagoj

5 Year Member
Croatia
Thank you!

I also got a new baby yesterday... an Alligator Snapping Turtle hatchling!!! The thought of 100lb+ tortoises apparently weren't enough for me, now I needed to add an aquatic turtle that will grow to a similar size but with the ability to eat my arm if I'm not careful.

Congratulations for your baby. It's actually my favorite turtle species. I wish I could get one but I'm not sure it's possible where I live. Maybe one day

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Haha, it has. Things have been ultra screwed up. The move played hell with all my routines. I don't think I have weighed my tortoises in a month and never weighed my turtle at all.

I also haven't even spent much time on the forum during all this process.

Very soon though I'll resume posting updates. Thank you for reminding me that somebody out there cares about my updates though

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
770g. +98g this month.

New house, new temporary set up for the tortoises. Mr T has been doing some major league sulking. I suspect he is a little rattled going from his 6'x3' closed enclosure to having an open set up in the basement. His basking temp is the same, but his cool end hangs around 77-78F. I would love to bump it up a few degrees but I apparently need to add a second heater to do so as the one I have is running nearly full time as it is. I might add a fan kicking warm air back down too. I don't want to go too crazy because this set up only has to last till the spring and then the tortoise shed will get rebuilt in the new backyard. So between losing two degrees, losing a little bit of humidity, and suddenly finding himself open to the world he has now been spending a huge amount of time in his hide and not eating as much as I think he should. I will keep my eyes on it and figure something out if activity doesn't pick up.
IMG_9405.jpg

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Hey hey you should update frquently about his condition. I want to know how much time he needs to adapt to all of his new environment. They are quite shy isn't it?

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Out of the five tortoises I have he is by far my most shy. It's kind of funny that the one I hand raised is the one that trusts me the least.

I'll keep everybody updated about how he is doing.