THE BIGGEST SULCATA KNOWN...TTPG TOUR!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Kenan Harkin produces a show called ANIMAL BYTES. In the last episode of the year, he takes us on a tour of Bob Blome's massive compound...where you'll get to meet the largest sulcata you've EVER seen! Tom estimates him to be around 42" SCL and at least 300 pounds...and probably closer to 400! ENJOY!

This would be a great companion video to Tom's post last month...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/biggest-sulcatas-ive-ever-seen.105846/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Darn it! For some unknown reason my fairly new speakers have decided to not work. The light comes on, but no sound. Wish I could have heard what he had to say. I'm assuming that last animal was the big one?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
This video made my day!!! I have never really seen these guys in action! I wish more members posted videos to give us a better understanding of these beautiful creatures!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i watch animal bytes all the time i remember when it was snakebytes wish they still did that.

that is a HUGE sully i wonder if females have any problems with holding him during breeding....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet video! Thanks I really enjoyed it .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm not sure that last one in the video was the biggest one.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Well, while my wife knits and watches The Voice, I am enjoying Kamp Kenan. Much better.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Incredible video. I appreciate the owner allowing that video to be made and shared. It made my day

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Thanks for sharing :) I love to see stuff like this. I remember when Tom posted the picture on a different thread, the sulcata looked enormous!! On video the tortoise didn't look as huge but still a gigantic tortoise indeed!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm not sure that last one in the video was the biggest one.
Neither was Bob...but the beak matches the big guy in your photos...for whatever that's worth

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Neither was Bob...but the beak matches the big guy in your photos...for whatever that's worth

That's what I was looking for in the video, but i couldn't quite see it well enough.

leopard777

5 Year Member
i look back at the photo on thread and compare on the video , notice the side scutes look different

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
i watch animal bytes all the time i remember when it was snakebytes wish they still did that.

that is a HUGE sully i wonder if females have any problems with holding him during breeding....
They still do snakes bytes it us on Thursday u think in the same channel

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Here's a photo of Kenan from that same session...these measurements don't come close to panning out with the estimates Tom and I made from his photos...this one is smaller!

1979749_855739771116205_2632064760937186218_n.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
While I was there, there were several very large tortoises like this one. When I saw that mondo giant one it was obviously different and much bigger than all the other giants that were housed with it. It also had an underbite, which I don't think the one eating the pumpkin in the video does.

To me the most telling thing is Bob's indecision about it. If he's not sure its the big boy, its not the big boy. That big one is unmistakable.

They broke the tours up into two groups. I went to Jerry's place in the morning and Bob's in the afternoon. Kenan was with the other group.

I've got to say something else too. For those who have not met Bob, he is a really good guy. Very friendly, approachable, and happy to talk tortoises with anyone of any experience level. I've only seen him a few times at the TTPG and somehow the guy remembers my name even amongst the dozens of other members that all want to talk to him. He is very down to earth and humble and I'm glad to know him.