Taking back a comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
A few days ago someone asked if torts eating colored peppers could change their color.. Someone else said that when people eat a lot of carrots it can change their skin color. Well I said that I have been eatting a lot of carrots for about 3 months and it has not made a difference it my skin color. Now I have to eat my word and correct my statement. My hands are turning orange. :( !

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
It is just a light tone. I noticed it yesterday while putting lotion on at the ballfield. Another mom and my husband could both see it too. I went and washed my hands hoping it was just the lotion (maybe being old) and it didn't go away. I don't want to give up my carrots, but if it gets really bad I will need to cut down i guess.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Isn't there a commercial where kids are running right now where one kid is healthy and one kid is a box of french fries! Pretty much showing you are what you eat!
:D I have been feeding Daisy Lou carrots and squash alot to help with her vitamin A, I wonder.....

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Eating a pound of carrots a day makes me feel great, but I don't want to look like a carrot.

Jermosh

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Weird story not related to Torts at all. In the lithography SEMI industry we use what is called resist, its pretty close to what used in personal photography. This stuff has a lot of silver compounds it, well years ago before people were worried about chemical ingestion the guys who used to works the vats that they mixed this stuff in would turn blue. We eventually had add some more protection of course, they rarely got sick though!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I read turning orange and started singing in my head.."Ooompa oompa oompa dee do"..

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
@jermosh~ I remember about 10 or 15 years ago people were taking a mineral called siler sometthing to keep from getting sick and they started turning silver or purple. I never took it, but
remember hearing about it. It might have been close to 20 years ago, but what you said reminded me of it.

@ZZZ~ HaaHaa I am eating the carrots hoping not to get an Ooompa Lumpa body. Now I have to worry about Ooompa Lumpa skin.

I think I just need more apples. I have not been eating them and I should eat three a day.

Jermosh

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Silver salts were popular before antibiotics were common. There are some who still use it. Hey whatever floats you boat I quess.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Ya ya ya peanurbutter. I didn't happen until I read about it here. I thought it was my imagination, but a friend kept saying " No you are orange"

Does glowing come next....Oh...NO!

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
Thats funny cuz i feed my crickets and my mealworms carrots and they get an orange tint,moreso the crickets, and the crickets poop orange.lol

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
hahaha thats pretty funny, I always knew strawberries could turn you red, yes I know this from experience. I think my mom still has a picture of it actually. Really brings a new meaning to you are what you eat!

Tyler

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Too funny. You're the first first-hand experience I've heard of of someone actually eating enough to turn orange-ish. Makes me want to try it out on myself now...

Pictures? :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I dont know if the slite tint would show up in a picture and so far it is jus my palms and maybe the bottoms of my feet. I have been on my feet all day wearing socks and Uggs so my feet are kind of red right now. I will check in the morning. I have been slacking off on eating the carrots but my goal was a pound a day. I doubt many people eat that many carrots. I have probably only ate a quarter of a pound a day for the last week. Prior to that I was eating a pound a day.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Angi said:
I dont know if the slite tint would show up in a picture and so far it is jus my palms and maybe the bottoms of my feet. I have been on my feet all day wearing socks and Uggs so my feet are kind of red right now. I will check in the morning. I have been slacking off on eating the carrots but my goal was a pound a day. I doubt many people eat that many carrots. I have probably only ate a quarter of a pound a day for the last week. Prior to that I was eating a pound a day.

Why are you eating so many carrots? Did you post that someplace and I missed it? Sorry if I did. Just curious.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hey, on a serious note, you might get a blood test just to be safe. Some blood diseases/disorders can have an effect on you skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.