T5 tube length

ReddyFreddy

5 Year Member
So I think I have decided to switch from my MVB to a T5 HO tube. My question is on what size fixture and tube to get. My Russians table is three feet wide, so would a 24" hood and 22" tube be appropriate, or should I go with a 36" fixture? Lastly, is 10% further away better for a Russian than a 5% closer up?

Location (City and/or State)
Newark, DE
I have very similar questions! I just bought a Reptisun 10 HO T5 tube and I'm trying to make sure I have the distance from the tort correct. I keep finding conflicting info and sometimes it says "distance depends on reptile" but that's it - no more info! It's very frustrating.
Anyway - I have a 22 inch sort of centered in the middle of a 44" inch long enclosure and it lights it up pretty well.

ReddyFreddy

5 Year Member
I have very similar questions! I just bought a Reptisun 10 HO T5 tube and I'm trying to make sure I have the distance from the tort correct. I keep finding conflicting info and sometimes it says "distance depends on reptile" but that's it - no more info! It's very frustrating.
Anyway - I have a 22 inch sort of centered in the middle of a 44" inch long enclosure and it lights it up pretty well.
I decided to go with the 36in, and hang it length ways in my four foot table. May or may not be overkill,but someone recommend another individual with the same dimensions to go with the 36. It seems that the bulb distance varies based on uvb percentage, 5%vs10%. I think I plan to have mine adjustable between 12" and 20", but I need to double check, so don`t take my word for it, I could be wrong.

Rt1jen

Location (City and/or State)
It is frustrating as there is very conflicting do's and dont's online.